[TowerTalk] Do Log-Periodics Stress the Selectivity oftheReceiver?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Do Log-Periodics Stress the Selectivity oftheReceiver?
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:27:52 EST
In a message dated 29.11.99 22:16:33 Pacific Standard Time, eDoc@netzero.net
writes:

<<
 > Three Letters
 > DSP!!!
 > 73
 > Mike...ND6A

 Two choices of two letters:

 IF

 or

 AF

 Or ... don't we really want to cut out as much of the garbage
 as early as possible at the antenna, then the tuner, then the
 front end, then the IF and as a last resort at the AF level?

 Just a question ... 73, DavidC  K1YP

Dave
  You summed it up perfectly.  I went to great detail telling how to correct
the problem on TT without an outline first.  The modern receiver is trying to
clean up signals starting at the IF stage first.  Antenna selectivity is a
good place to start.  That's one reason why I like a beam with great F/B.
k7gco