[TowerTalk] Open Wire (another use)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Open Wire (another use)
From: N2NU@aol.com (N2NU@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:24:16 EST
I use open wire (ladderline actually) for a 900 ft 2 wire switchable beverage.
Works great, and is supported on a combination of poles and trees, using those
plastic coated ladder hooks you can buy in any hardware store.

The ladderline I use is copperweld and is held at the forward end, and pulled
taut at the back end, using a come-along, then tied with rope.

The other use here is as feedline for 80 meter double
extended zepp, so I can tune it on cw and phone thru a MBVA.

It has its applications.

John