[TowerTalk] grounding coax to boom and tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] grounding coax to boom and tower
From: n2tk@earthlink.net (N2TK)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:34:06 -0400
What's the recommended hardware to bond the shield of the coax on the house
side of the balun to the boom, mast or tower leg? Based on the input from
towertalk I am going to ground the shield of each coax. Do I use Polyphaser
hardware or ?? I see UNI-Kits listed. Is this the way to go? Do I have to
worry about dissimilar metal problems with the UNI-Kits with either the
coax, boom, or mast? What about soldering copper strap to the coax shield
and clamping it to the boom, or is this what the UNI-Kits do?
Tnx
Tony
N2TK

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----