[Towertalk] Shunt-Fed Tower EZNEC Simulation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Shunt-Fed Tower EZNEC Simulation
From: jsbmjb@theriver.com (John Bodey)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 20:58:25 -0700
What don't I understand???

EZNEC tells me that my 78' Rohn 45 with a small Warc-band beam is
resonant at 3.0 MHz.  Moving the shunt feed connection higher or lower,
closer or farther from the tower only changes the match around 3.0 MHz!
Everywhere else the VSWR is infinity.

I don't understand how I get this tower to load on 160 or 75 meters?

The 3.0 MHz resonance was verified with an antenna analyzer connected to
a 12 AWG wire dropped from the top with a 4-foot separation.

Thanks and 73,

W7AG, John

multipart/alternative
  text/html