[TowerTalk] Rohn BX - What type of Gin Pole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn BX - What type of Gin Pole?
From: n9iww@comcast.net (n9iww@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jul 26 13:46:28 2003
Lash a ladder to the legs and pull it up with block and tackle pull tied
to top of ladder use ladder as gin pull works fantastic because people
on the ground do all the pulling.

Use ladder as gin pole 24 foot to 28 foot
Tie to first section, place pulley at top of ladder so ground crew can
do the pulling place second pulley for ground crews at base of first
section
So you can pull at an angle away from tower for safety.
Since the ladder can extend you just raise the ladder when you need more
height on the gin pole you'll be able to get at least four sections
before you have to move the ladder up higher. You can rent ladders cheap
10-25$ per day
N9IWW

Kevin Adam
1239 W. Till Rd.