RE: [TowerTalk] Making rotator loops separate

To: <knesbitt@nucleus.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Making rotator loops separate
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:52:48 -0400
Hi Kirb.
As I stated in an earlier email, I like the idea of having the coax wrapped
around the mast. This seems to be simpler than a loop of coax hanging down
from the boom as a rotor loop, especially if you have 3-4 runs of coax.

For a connection between the coax coming up the tower and the coax coming
down from the beam(s), what I do is put a loop of coax in the line coming
from the beam. Then I connect to a barrel and PL-259. I tape up everything
to a tower leg. This takes the strain off the connection
N2TK, Tony