Re: [TowerTalk] Website Alarms the Public about ANTENNAS

To: <kd4e@verizon.net>, <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Website Alarms the Public about ANTENNAS
From: "Mike K6BR" <noddie@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 07:56:45 -0700

Maybe we should advise the site owner to hook his site into the QRZ data
base, that would make it easier for people to find out if they have a Ham in
their neighborhood. (only joking) I could happen though.

> Just hate to see people try to profit on and create new fears in an
> uninformed public to the detriment of the hobby.

Has anyone communicated with the site owner?

Perhaps he/she could be invited to a Club meeting
or to visit an EOC and be educated about the value
and safety of antennas.

Perhaps the site owner does not know about the
recent FCC regs re. transmitting antenna safety?

It may turn out that with some gentle education
the site owner could be turned to promoting Ham
antennas and towers as important to public safety
during emergencies.

So many people are mis-educated by anti-everything
refugees from the 60's in schools and colleges that
they live in ignorance-bred fear and paranoia.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Ham Links: http://bibleseven.com/hl.html

It has removed 44 spam emails to date.