Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD Crankup Tower

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD Crankup Tower
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 06:58:14 -0400
Blake used my raising fixture from my US Tower to take down the tower in
Orlando. We were able to get the UST fixture to fit the base attachment
points on the HY-Gain tower base by using very long grade 8 bolts. The
fit was very sloppy and one bolt wasn't quite long enough so we couldn't
get a full nut on the bolt. It made some creaking noises when we lowered
the tower and in fact the nut came off the short bolt however the bolt
was in enough of a bind that it couldn't slip out. If it had someone
would have been hurt not to mention messing up the tower.

I'm sure if one wanted they could purchase the UST raising fixture and
make permanent mods to make it bolt up as it should. I believe the
fixture is in 500 dollar price range.

Julio, W4HY