Re: [TowerTalk] Wanted TIC Motor Module

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wanted TIC Motor Module
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2024 16:40:20 -0400
Jeff

There are so many TIC ring rotator variations, is the motor you're looking
for in a steel enclosure with a German windshield wiper motor inside?  There
are two common ring sizes and you did not specify what you have.  A 1022
motor assembly has different gearing from a 1032.

I should have a brand new end bolted steel type 1022 drive assembly with a
German motor somewhere in my storage area.  This was a spare that I bought
for my P40A ring rotator and never needed.

I also have a 1032 ring rotator that includes two end bolted steel motor
assemblies with German motors that was removed from service last month.  It
works perfectly and eventually I'll be listing it for sale.

John KK9A

w2fu wrote:

I'm looking for 1 or 2 TIC motor modules from the ~ 1999 vintage TIC rings.
These are the units that are rectangular bricks with the mounting bolts on
the short side.  They don't have to be 100% functional.  Please contact me
off-list!

jeff