[TowerTalk] HF problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF problem
From: wa6znm@jps.net (James Sawyer)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:29:17 -0800
I have notice several signals on all bands that have the same MO.   Helping
a few we discovered that the VSWR was just high enough to start the radio to
shut down its power.   When this is at voice rates it will cause the audio
to sound like distorted audio.  That is because it is distorted.   The fix
is to make sue that your antenna systems are as good as you can get them.
Also use a antenna tuner to make sure the transmitter is looking into a good
match.

I also can say that I had a balun problem and a RFI problem that did cause
audio distortion.   A lot of times you can move the mic or mic cord to
increase or decrease the distortion.   I the old AM days you just got high
pitch feedback.   Good luck in correcting your problems.

N6ZN