Mosely Pro 57b vs. Force 12 5BA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Mosely Pro 57b vs. Force 12 5BA
From: John.Evans@comsat.com (John.Evans@comsat.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 09:23:03 -0500
     I am thinking of replacing a Mosely Pro 57b,which has been quite
     trouble free since it was put up 5 years ago,with a Srike Force-5BA.
     According to the available data this has a claimed gain improvement
     of about 2 dB on most of the bands. The boom is only slightly longer
     (33 ft. vs. 28 ft.) and the wind area is the same at 11 sq. ft. (This
     BTW I find surprising given that the 5BA has 15 elements  and the
     Pro 57b only 7.) Any comments pro or con? Is it worthwhile making the
     switch (the Pro 57b is at 80 ft.)? Anything to watch out for?
     John N3HBX.