Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction between yagis on the same mast

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction between yagis on the same mast
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 01:46:03 -0000
There are a lot of variables when using multiple antennas.  A  loaded 40m
element may not have a 15m resonance the way a full sized element does and
if you turn one antenna 90 degrees, the boom of the other may be resonate on
one of the bands being used.  The only real way to know is to model the
system or to just purchase a single antenna that is designed to work on all
four bands.

John KK9A

To: towertalk@contesting.com
From: Gary Slagel
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:10:24 -0800 (PST)

I want to have gain antennas for 10/15/20/40 on top of
my tower and am trying to decide between a 4 band
antenna like the Force 12 C4XSL or a tribander and a
separate 40m yagi on the same mast.  Struggling with
which is worse, interaction from having the 40M
elements interlaced on the same yagi or interaction
from having the two antennas stacked vertically.

I'm leaning toward two separate antennas separated by
about 10 feet and one oriented perpendicular to the
other.

Does anyone have any opinions?

Thanks,
Gary