[TowerTalk] Drilling Chrome-Moly Steel

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Drilling Chrome-Moly Steel
From: n9iww2@verizon.net (Kevin Adam, Webz By design)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:50:24 -0500
Go To Your local Rental Place and rent what is called a Mag drill
meaning it has a magnetic base that you can turn on the magnet it will
hold it's self fast to the steel but its heavy to lift but after you
mount it turn on the magnet all you have to do is rotate the press
handle to drill it to your size you want
They use these on steel I beams and heavy drilling in metal fab shops.
 Do not I repeat do not use a very hard drill bit on hardened steel
plain high speed twist drill bit by Cleveland twist drill works just
fine
The rule of thumb for metals is hardened metal use soft metal to cut it
Lots of oil or coolant keep bit cool.
Must be a sharp bit. Like prefer new.

N9IWW
Kevin Adam