[TowerTalk] Crankup Tower Coax-what's the best?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crankup Tower Coax-what's the best?
From: "Craig Thompson" <craig@thompsonet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:30:49 -0500
Mike:

I have a 100 distance to my crankup and a 90 tower with 80m dipole, MonstIR,
144 and 432 antennas. I decided to use LMR to the base of the tower...using
LMR400 for 80 and MonstIR and LMR 600 for 144 and 432. I am putting in
lightning protection at the base and then went up with same coax but the UF,
flexible version. The rotor loops to the antenna is UF. My best price was
bought through Anixter. I also bought connecters through them. They are the
largest distributor in the US. The pricing was less than anyone had on the web.

Tower went up last November and I have not regretted my decision. LIke you, I
like to have my tower down in wind and lightning....or when I am not home for a
couple of days. You can check out the install at www.k9ct.us

Good luck and 73, Craig
K9CT