Re: [TowerTalk] Putting Line in Trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Putting Line in Trees
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:22:54 -0700

> At 07:01 PM 9/4/2006, Robert Carroll wrote:
>>Having left my EZ Hang at the beach (put wires in palm trees) early
>>summer,
>>I just built a replacement.
>
> <snip>
>

>>I am intrigued with the lead ball idea as on occasion the local Walmart or
>>Kmart runs out of the sinkers.  JC, tell me more about the balls, where
>>you
>>get them etc.  Do you bore a hole through them?

I purchase the lead balls at either of two fishing/boating stores.  They
have them in
1,2,3 ounces and larger.  They have an embedded wire eye for the line to be
attached to.
I spray paint them a bright red.  With my home built super slingshot using
surgical
tubing assembled on  an 8' 2x4, they go up easily over 120' trees with
enough room to
clear limbs on the way back down.

k7puc