[TowerTalk] mystery tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mystery tower
From: "Michael J. Castellano" <km1r@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:13:16 -0400
George, I vaguely remember seeing something like this in the service.

As far as I know (and you know already) it was (is) a rapidl field deployable
tower, possibly used for the center support for a low wire antennas , such as
what everyone now calls an NVIS antenna. (I still call it a low dipole, but
thats another story!) hi hi.

I know people like HyGain, and Sabre made them or something similar to this.  I
remember HyGain from Viet Nam... but to be honest I dont know if this is one of
theirs, looks too new. Didya try the Sabre website?

Did I help, or just make things more confusing?

Anyway, you got yourself a nice tower...

I would recommend not using the pins, but replacing them with a good quality
bolt. I never trusted the pins on a long term deal.

Hey... 73 !!!!! and seeya on the bands...

Mike KM1R