Re: [TowerTalk] The Most Lethal Job in America

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The Most Lethal Job in America
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 03:44:40 -0400
I think they are blowing a bit of it out of proportion though.
In my mid 60s, climbing 100 to 200'' was no big deal, nor is staying up
there for 5  hours or more and I'm not sore the next day.
Yes, the danger is there, you need the proper equipment, be safety
conscious, and you do need to be in shape which I'm working at getting back
into. Unfortunately, mother nature threw me a curve last April, but I'm up
to 280# on a leg press, and have a heavy work out three times a week so I
plan on getting back to climbing soon. I've been up as long as 10 hours and
that was only 3 or 4 years back.

I have no doubt I could go the 100 to 200 feet with harness and tools, but
I'm not ready to stay up there and work for a few hours yet.  I've been
climbing nearly half way up just  for exercise, but I'm headed for the top
in the next few days, barring surprises.

73

Roger (K8RI)