[TowerTalk] Very Neat Way To Cool equipment....

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Very Neat Way To Cool equipment....
From: "Bill Winkis" <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:51:55 -0400
If you ever wanted to cool down a piece of equipment read this....!!!

They now make a device called a "LapTop Cooler" .... This is a very flat plate
around 1 inch thick, with 2-3 very silent low speed fans... it pulls air
through your equipment  into the fan, then exits the air out a open slot in the
rear of the plate.

I stuck one under my 781...and BOOM...whereas the top was always warm to the
touch. now its cool...... Amazing.....

I always graph'd the exit temp of the Sherwood fan... and now that temp is down
15 degrees on idle heat....

I have a couple of 30 amp  DC supplies that always run warm...the LT cooler has
taken care of that...Now the case's are cool...

So If you have a piece of equipment that you want cooled , look at at LapTop
Cooler...Note: it runs on 5Volts DC .

Here's a URL if you want to look   .but shop if your interested, because there
are 50 different styles etc..pick one that suites your need the best....

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=laptop+cooler&image12.x=13&image12.y=12

-Bill
KC4PE