[TowerTalk] Tower Climber Protection - Insurance..!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Climber Protection - Insurance..!!
From: "Bill Winkis" <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:27:36 -0400
Having discussed the liability/lawsuit problem or protection for the tower
owner, here is the way it ended up ... after my Lawyer/Insurance Agent and
Underwriter got involved.

1. - If you Pay/Hire anybody to work on your tower/antenna's ... they must be
bonded...

2. - If someone/volunteer agrees to help you and climbs/works on the
tower/antenna, he does so at his own risk and provides his own protection
equipment.

3. - If someone/volunteer were to get hurt while working on your tower/antenna
and entered into a lawsuit against you ... They must prove negligence on your
part.

I then took out a 2 million dollar Personal Umbrella Liability insurance to
back up my existing home owners insurance, who insures the towers, home etc.

-Bill