[TowerTalk] US Towers and wind Loading Capacity

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Towers and wind Loading Capacity
From: RCARIELLO@si.rr.com (RCARIELLO)
Date: Thu Jun 19 18:30:30 2003
Michael,
I asked the same question some time ago.
The answer I received was.
Subtract one square foot for each foot above the top of the tower.
So in the case of 10 Square feet at 50 Mph.
10 feet above the top of the tower you can have 0 square feet of antenna.
5 feet above the top of the tower you can have 5 square feet of antenna.
At the top of the tower you can have 10 square feet of antenna.

For the 6 square feet at 80 Mph.
6 feet above the top of the tower you can have 0 square feet of antenna.
3 feet above the top of the tower you can have 3 square feet of antenna.
At the top of the tower you can have 6 square feet of antenna.

Most installations don't seem to follow these guide lines.

Rich AA2MF