[TowerTalk] Taper Element Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Taper Element Question
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:36:55 -0600
I'm trying to duplicate a Hy-Gain 153CA using elements from a 204BA.  Both
antennas have a 2" diameter boom and use the two piece clamps.  I'm not sure
how to model the clamp, however it shouldn't matter since it's the same for
each design.  I modeled the elements in AO and YO and I got results that
vary by 1 1/2"  between the two programs. I then tried K4VX's taper program
and got a third result.   For simplicity I did ignored the swaged ends of
the 204BA.  I would like to adjust the 0.625 diameter section of the 204BA
element to match the same electrical length of the 153CA on 21.2MHz.  Any
suggestions.

Here are the 1/2 element for the driven elements:

153CA:
3.625       2.500? dia brkt
68.375      0.875 dia
64.500      0.437 dia

204BA element
3.625       2.500? dia brkt
32.375     1.250 dia
46.000     1.125 dia
50.500      0.875 dia
2.500?      0.625 dia     vary to match length

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----