Re: [TowerTalk] [Amps] transformers

To: "'Joe Isabella'" <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Amps] transformers
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:27:21 -0500
I had an L4B that put out 1700W PEP as measured by an Alpha 4510 wattmeter
using 150 watts drive as read on the exciter meter.  The anode voltage was
about 2500 as read on the L4B meter.  Also, the grid and plate current
showed 190ma and 725ma respectively, again on the L4B meter.

What difference is there, if any, between running lower anode voltage and
higher drive versus higher anode voltage and less drive?

73, Keith NM5G