[CQ-Contest] RE: [TowerTalk] 22VAC to 2 110VAC circuits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: [TowerTalk] 22VAC to 2 110VAC circuits
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony Kazmakites)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:19:16 -0500
I have to disagree with you. Standard 2 conductor plus ground Romex has a
black, white and bare wire. The black is hot, the white is neutral and the
bare is ground, when hooked up as a 110v line. When hooked up as 220v, both
the white and black are hot.
Also, I did not say that you switch the ground.
You are correct that any 2 pole breaker can work as a single pole. However,
some 2 pole breakers are very difficult to change over to two single pole
breakers. If I can't make them single pole breakers, I would rather replace
than have the inconvenience of losing two circuits if one of the circuits
trips the breaker. Of course you could just use one pole on the breaker.

If your house is wired that black is neutral and white is hot, then you do
not conform to NEC.
Remember the old adage when wiring a receptacle - black on brass and white
on light.