[Towertalk] Crane or Gin Pole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crane or Gin Pole?
From: jhburns@attglobal.net (Jeff Burns)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:02:53 -0500
I am still trying to decide if I want the free tower that has been offered
to me. If I do take it what is the best way to take down a 56-ft BX tower?

I have contacted a ham that does tower work. He will charge me $150 if I
help with the groundwork. He uses a gin pole. I forgot to ask if he had
insurance, and I am skeptical about doing the groundwork.

I also contacted the local sign company. They charge $90 an hour for their
crane. They were supposed to have someone drive by and take a look and call
me back, but I have not heard from them. If I do go with the crane what can
I do to minimize the crane time?

Jeff Burns

AD9T