[TowerTalk] J bolts for TX455

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] J bolts for TX455
From: k3fy@arrl.net (k3fy@arrl.net)
Date: Mon May 19 14:55:56 2003
       Please be aware : Standard threaded rod available at the hardware
store is not the same grade as structural anchor bolts.   The minimum steel
used in anchor bolts meets ASTM A36, which specifies the minimum chemical
and physical properties.    Common threaded rod does not have these
requirement and is generally made from 1010 to 1018 steel.  It is definitely
a pig in the poke.   ALSO NEVER bend any threaded rod into U-bolts, J-bolts
or L-bolts.  Threads in the bend area will always be prone to fail.

    ...and yes this is my business, from 1/4" diameter up to 6" diameter we
make some of the biggest and strongest you'll ever see.

Mark K3FY

www.badensteel.com