Re: [TowerTalk] NCC-1 and ARAV2-1P verticals observations

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] NCC-1 and ARAV2-1P verticals observations
From: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:37:44 -0500

> Hi Tod - what's an NCC-1?  Your sig was OK here when we
> worked, in WV, and got stronger later in the evening.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR

Pete:

You signal was very nice here in Idaho last evening. I was running about 600
watts to my "new" dual band vertical [160-80].

The NCC-1 is a new phasing unit sold by DX Engineering. I believe that Tom,
W8JI, designed it. It is a first class unit -- very nice to operate. I was
getting nulls on 160m that would take S9+ signals and make them barely
audible. If you do that and then switch to 'reverse' on the phasing you get
the two active whip signals to add rather than cancel. Very nice.

Tod, K0TO