[TowerTalk] FCC Rejects stronger PRB-1 Statement

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FCC Rejects stronger PRB-1 Statement
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 00:29:05 -0500
Seems this passed unnoticed by us towertalkers.  An ARRL Bulletin on
November 24
passed the sad news.   The ARRL statement said their 1996 request to the FCC
was denied
but that there were some words that they quoted as "possible " leverage
against unduly restrictive
prohibitions (altho not much help against private CC&R's).

Perhaps the next step is to contact our Congressperson as they have
oversight on the FCC.   The present thinking
goes back 20 years when only a few subdivisions had CC&R's.  Now every
subdivision starts out with restrictive rules
(no antennas).  The real estate people tell me the CC&R's once in place are
now copied over and over  again.  Several
near me in the Atlanta metro area had the CC&R's lapse, but were able to
get them re-instated. (even tho there were hams with towers up.)  The only
failure was one subdivision that formed a Neighborhood Homeowners
Association and tried to add CC&R's. Their effort was turned down due to no
such rules when the subdivision was first developed.

Dave K4JRB