[Towertalk] Six Pack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Six Pack
From: Mel Martin" <ve2dc@rac.ca (Mel Martin)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:51:54 -0400
The mere fact that 6 people have had problems with intermittant relay
contacts has me wondering whether my new remote switch  at 150'  really
should be a six-pack. It's a long way to climb to tap it with a screwdriver
handle! I'm presently using a Drake... must be about 30 years old... uses a
switch... not relays. It's now badly pitted and corroded...

Can anyone recommend  a completely reliable unit... I have  an old military
surplus 28V DC unit (marked "property of the United States") here found  at
a hamfest... looks indestructable.... anybody used something like this?