[TowerTalk] Penetrox

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Penetrox
From: "R March" <n7ua@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:13:00 -0700
I'm rebuilding some of my old antennas and I have a question.  What is the best
media to use at the bean element AL telescoping joints to (a) assure they will
later be able to be seperated and (b) assure long term RF conductivity through
the joint.  KLM used to provide a  Penetrox like material that had what
appeared to be some copper embedded in it.  I have heard reports that this
caused corrosion and eventually was a disaster (purely anecdotal info).  Will
ordinary Penetrox work, the kind used in AL wiring joints?  Does anyone have an
opinion on this?  Thanks,  Bob   N7UA