Re: [TowerTalk] Taping wires to flat member towers

To: "Juan M. Chazarra EA5RS" <ea5rs@ono.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Taping wires to flat member towers
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:39:39 -0800
Thomas &Betts, Panduit, AMP, and so forth make an assortment of products to
attach round cables to flat surfaces. The most common one you've probably
seen is the little square thing with an adhesive base and a slot to stick a
nylon cable tie through on the top.  However, there's probably dozens of
versions of these.  In particular, they make ones designed to hold cables
that aren't supposed to be crushed (like coax), and they make the cable ties
that are designed for outdoor use (the usual white nylon ones tend to
degrade in sunlight).

A bit more expensive than a roll of tape, but might work better.
Particularly the products designed for outdoor use, which will have sealed
edges and adhesives that really grip well. For that matter, they have the
bases with screw holes that you could spend a few days on your tower with a
drill and tap and really anchor the stuff.

 T&B's trade name is "Ty-rap" so if you search for that you'll probably turn
up their catalog.  You can try the following URL, but no guarantees that it
will actually work:
http://elec-cat.tnb.com/tnbcat/tnbcat/TYR_home_page_dsp.build_catalog_home_p
age