Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:09:13 -0600
Thanks to all for your feedback, both on- and off-list.  I have traced the
practice of using a short EHS leader at the tower back to the original
method of attaching the Phillystran to a thimble.

In the early days there were no Big Grips, so the Philly was terminated
using four cable clamps.  These clamps created a potential snag point for
ropes used to haul items up the tower.  Now that Big Grips are available,
the need for this leader has been eliminated.

Thanks again for all of the responses.

73, Keith NM5G