Re: [TowerTalk] buried conduit

To: <KI9A@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] buried conduit
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 16:17:13 -0400
Although a bit late, here is what I have done:
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm

> After 23 years in the Electrical construction trade, I have dealt with
> this
> about million times ( or a bit less).
>
> Make the conduit large, 2-3" is fine.  Pull all cables at once, but,  also
> pull a #12 THHN stranded wire in also. You can use this as a pull wire for
> new
> installs. NEVER use rope for a pull line along with other cables, as it
> will

I've never had a problem using the Nylon rope shown, but I use it to pull
the cable that really does the work.

> rip insulation of other cables to hell. Use generous amounts of wire
> pulling
> compound ( wire soap ), it will dry, but will still lubricate.

I usually purchase a couple of quart bottles of that Yellow snot, when ever
I'm starting another project. The inside of that conduit should be pretty
slippery by now. <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)