[Towertalk] Re: weatherproof tape for antennas? (more)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: weatherproof tape for antennas? (more)
From: NN7K@reno.rmci.net (NN7K@reno.rmci.net)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:53:30 -0700
BTW, the scotch # of the tape you are looking for, is
# 23 - ( Now you realize my confusion vs #33 tape  ! )
and, tho may be slightly harder to find- (found 88 at lowes,
33 tape at lowes and home depot), lowes has a tape that should be similar to
scotch 23, scotch  #2155.  these tapes are called "Rubber Shrink Tape" , and
to apply, cut the amount you want to use (or tear).  these tapes have a thin
membrane of white plastic separating the wraps on the roll, disgard it).
then stretch to about 1-1/2 times the length, and wrap around coax,
conectors, and back to the other end of the coax., being sure to leave no
gaps.
then cover with 88 tape. think you will find this will deliver you a very
waterproof connector, and if for some reason you need to re enter it, peel
off the 88 tape, then with a knife, along the connector body, slice thru the
tape.
carefully remove the rest of the tape cutting from the coax outward, so as
not to nick the coax sheath and you will have a clean surface to reseal
against!  as info, jim nn7k

p.s. to look up this tape, found at least one electrical supplier with
webpage, prices not bad, but don't know about shipping. but a good
electrical supplier (w.w grainger, greybar, ect) should have these tapes in
stock.

  self vulcanizing tape does, however, form a