Re: [TowerTalk] Running coax under concrete walkway?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Running coax under concrete walkway?
From: "AE6FL-AAM9ECS" <ae6fl@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:55:53 -0800
The easiest method is to bury a 4" PVC pipe accross before you pour the
sidewalk ... Wish that I had taken my own advice before I poured a sidewalk
here at my qth.

If your sidewalk isn't too wide, say less than 5 or 6 feet, use a water jet.
Make it out of appropriate lenth of 3/4" or 1" pvc with a
non-adjustable-type brass nozzle on one end and a female pvc garden hose
coupler on the other end. Dig a big enough escavation on each side of
sidewalk, connect your garden hose and let the water do most of the work.
Jamb the brass nozzle through as required to help break up soil.

I made a water jet tool several years ago. Only had to use it once. Now that
I have the tool, I always remember to put a 4" conduit accross before I
pour.

73,
Mike AE6FL
Paso Robles, CA