[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: mgb4@mindspring.com (MGB)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 06:50:39 -0500
  Stealth airplanes are mostly flat black, You can hardly see them in
certain conditions. I figure antenna and tower designers are going to catch
up with this technology some day. As you say they will reject ice much
easier also. I've known about the black antenna wire, and taped coax tricks
for years. I recently pulled up some buried coax that had been in the ground
for 14 years. After unwrapping some of the tape, the coax looked like new. I
can't believe after 15 years someone else is trying this. The tedious
wrapping seems to be the only downside. If you don't like the suggestion
don't do it, keep buying new coax.

mgb