[TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor
From: w5kp@swbell.net (J. Kincade)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:31:09 -0500
Heck Stan, I guess I'm not sure now. Too many "ethanes" and "ethylenes" out
there. See
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts70.html for  1,1,1 Trichloroethane, and
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts19.html for Trichoroethylene.
The stuff we used in the Navy for degreasing, and the label that *used* to
be on "Gun Scrubber" had the "1,1,1" in front of the chemical name, so I'm
guessing it was the first one above. That's also the stuff I bought in
gallon cans from the local paint stores up to a couple of years ago, but I
haven't tried to find it since I discovered Gun Scrubber. Neither one
appears to be particularly good for your health. Now I have a headache, not
from the chemicals, but from too many syllables in all these words.
73, Jerry