Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna switch matrices

To: <eric@k3na.org>, "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna switch matrices
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:54:44 -0400
>    Also needs excellent isolation between ports!
>
>    A lot of us could use this...
>
> -- Eric K3NA

The DX Engineering switches have *significantly* more port
isolation than any switch I have measured, and I have
samples of everything I could find. More important, that
isolation holds for any port and any combination of ports.
They are more than 40dB (in worse case port-to-port) better
than a few other popular switches. They are also excellent
under all conditions of port termination, open, short, or 50
ohm and allow grounding of unused ports or floating. Some
other switches fall apart when the unused port has a low Z
or high Z termination. They also as a general rule handle
more power at higher frequencies than similarly rated
switches.

They also allow stacking of antennas.

They also don't have heating problems at high power on ten
meters.

They are currently all 8 position switches, but will soon
include a 4 position switch.

I designed their switches, comparing them to a sample of
other popular switches using calibrated network analyzers,
and I tested them and other switches at high power so I know
all of this is fact. (As opposed to the common "I have no
affiliation disclaimer", hi hi).

73 Tom