Re: [TowerTalk] New Cables for a Crank up and NicoPress Clamps Part 2

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Cables for a Crank up and NicoPress Clamps Part 2
From: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:27:13 -0500
  From: Bill Gaines AD8P
  To: towertalk-request@contesting.com
  Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:11 AM

  Thanks to every one who responded both on and off list. I just wanted to give
an update as to what has transpired.

  I thought I was "different". After all I had called and received a response
from a tower manufacturer in California when what I had been reading here was
several weeks/months to wait. They seemed very responsive to my needs. However
shipping never happened and very soon their caller-ID kicked in and my calls
were no longer answered or return calls made to me. I was also not able to get
a response to my emails.

  One or more of you suggested contacting a marina for assistance. A friend,
N8ET has a sail boat on Lake Erie and he provided the name of his marina to
start with. His marina didn't make such cables but they recommended Samsel
Supply in Cleveland. I called them and for about 1/2 the price of just the
shipping I was able to get a cable made and shipped in the same day. The cost
in California was $300 the cost in Cleveland is $42.95.

  Needless to say I emailed the California company and cancelled the original
order. Now I wait till tomorrow to see if it was the correct decision.

  Bill AD8P