RE: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding Copper Flashing (?)

To: "'Dudley Chapman'" <chief@thechief.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding Copper Flashing (?)
From: "Joe - KC2TN" <kc2tn@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:27:59 -0400
I believe "Flashing" is nominally .021" thick and is just under the .025"
that most 2-3" copper strapping measures that is used for grounding via
cadwelding. I had some undersized strap for which Alltech made a mold for me
and it worked fine.

http://www.allteccorp.com/products/catalog/2003/2003-k.pdf

Joe - KC2TN
"If you're sure of everything,
        and it still doesn't work,
           one of the things you're sure of is wrong!"

Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:40:38 -0500
From: "Jason Dugas" <kb5urq@hotmail.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

I have searched and searched throughout the archives of TowerTalk and have
not been able to ascertain the definitive (or even a good idea) method for
cadwelding copper flashing to copper-clad rods.  Is this possible?  Has
anyone done it?  I did see one email that referred to Cadweld's commercial
molds for doing this but am not sure which product the author was referring
to.

About to put down a ground system for my tower using copper flashing and
would like to hear the best method for making the bond from the flashing to
the rods.

Thanks in advance,

Jason
KB5URQ