[TowerTalk] telephone company non-sticky semi-solid stuff

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] telephone company non-sticky semi-solid stuff
From: jimlux@earthlink.net (Jim Lux)
Date: Fri May 23 00:24:07 2003
There is also some nifty stuff that is a plain tape that melts at a
temperature lower than that required to shrink heat shrink.  You wrap the
joint in this tape (which has no adhesive), slide the heatshrink over it,
shrink it with the heat gun... The stuff inside melts and the shrinking
outer sleeve forces it into all the nooks and crannies.  I don't recall who
makes it off hand.

Amazing stuff, we used to use it to instantly fix leaky pipe fittings, for
instance.