[TowerTalk] Tower on a downslope

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower on a downslope
From: rodbrink@montereybay.com (Rod Brink)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:29:29 -0700
Am thinking about putting a 50' tower with a 17m yagi on a downslope behind
the house (am plagued with the usual neighborhood problems prohibiting
towers and antennas in plain view).  When pointed east the horizontal plane
of the antenna would clear the uphill terrain by only 20' or so.  Am
wondering how the antenna will perform when pointed east.  Of course I know
that higher is better, and I presume that when faced in this direction the
takeoff angle will be much higher than in other directions, right?

-73-
Rod, KE6RSF