Re: [TowerTalk] Gin pole design - swivel head?

To: "Mark" <n1lo@netzero.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin pole design - swivel head?
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 03:27:27 -0500
About half way down on the page
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower.htm
is what I used. There are two pulleys. One at the top of the mast with the
rope running down through the gin pole. The end of the rope is tied off at
the end of the rotating arm that sticks out from the top with a pulley
floating in between the two. This has the added advantage of increased
mechanical advantage.
I thought I had that one set up to go to a larger version as do most of the
images, but apparently it does not.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com
.