Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

To: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>,"'WD0M'" <wd0m@centurytel.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:41:21 -0400

>I have two 4ele SteppIRs and one in Montana is having some swr issues.
>However I used a "broken" 4 ele SteppIR to grab 3rd place Multi in the 2005
>SS phone contest.  Feel free to compare our 20m numbers with just about

But that means little when compairing antennas. Contesting results are
almost invariably due to skill rather than hardware.
Hardware helps, but it's trumped nearly every time by technique/skill.

Undoubtedly antennas thet sell well are good antennas, but all any of us can
show is anticdotal evidence/experience rather than test comparrisons.

Roger (K8RI)

>anyone else and you will see that we stacked up very well against
>competitors with much more aluminum in the sky.

>Mike W0MU

/listinfo/towertalk