[TowerTalk] C31XR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C31XR
From: n2rd@arrl.net (Rajiv Dewan, N2RD)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:50:14 -0500
On testing of 9913 feedline, Larry Stowell, Wa2SRY wrote:

> tomorrow. I was surprised at all the comments against the 9913FC. At
> Guy's(K2AV) suggestion I connected the coax to a dummy load ad the swr was
> flat(1:1) all the way past 30mhz.

A common failure with 9913 is water ingress.  This could increase the
attenuation, making the SWR even closer to 1.  A good test is to hook up a
non-matching load, say 150 ohms (my choice, since my my instrument is most
accurate at 3:1 SWR measurement) and check the measured SWR.

Regards,
Rajiv, N2RD

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----