[TowerTalk] Cheap hams

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cheap hams
From: "Merlin-7 KI4ILB" <merlin-7@sc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:04:32 +0100
We are still Radio Amateurs aren't we JOE !

Jos on4kj os5n

Yes we are!

 After all, if you can set up a ham station with little or no money, just your
rig, a bit of wire etc. all the better.

 I know for a fact, that after a disaster, the rig that I am useing now, on
solar power...even if a hurricane or such took out my panels, I could charge my
battery bank off of a car and string up a new wire antenna (from recycled
parts) and be back on the air in a few hours or less.
 BTW. unless a huricane reaches 150 mph at ground level, my battery bank is not
gona move, than it may move a few feet...lol

 Joe