[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk (Clive GM3POI)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:00:38 -0000
Force 12s Tapering may have solved low wind speed resonances, However I have
a broken shortest 10m Director on a C31XR-H which was rated at 135mph. That
broke at the junction of the 5/8"and 1/2" tube at wind speeds of 80-85mph.
At the time I stood under the tower and could hear the another (probably
10m ) also in mechanical resonance so this problem still exists. It has just
shifted higher in wind speed. F12 don't suggest rope mainly because of ice
can expect it to break again.
73 Clive GM3POI   Still thinking about extra tubing/rope.