[Towertalk] Raised Guy Stays

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Raised Guy Stays
From: jperalta@tampabay.rr.com (Julio)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:16:52 -0400
I'm getting ready to extend the height of a 30' Rohn 25 bracketed tower to
about 70' and I would like to use raised guy stays ( I think that is what
they are called ) to get the guy wires above head height. The tower will
have 3 or 4 long boom  V-UHF beams on it.

What are the thoughts about what material to construct them from. Quite
frankly I would be interested in any information you guys would like to
share on the subject.

In addition I've been following the discussion on the Philystran VS EHS
wire. Is there any concern for the 50 Mz through 1.2 Gz bands? My HF tower
will be within 50' of one leg of the guys for the VHF tower any problem
there?

I certainly will appreciate any time anyone would use in answering any or
all of these questions?

Julio, W4HY