[Towertalk] Fw: Vertical Monoband Log periodic Antenna for contesting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Fw: Vertical Monoband Log periodic Antenna for contesting
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 20:37:20 +0200
The gap with vertical polarization over an average ground is in the poor
energy radiated below the pseudo brewster angle and also the missing of
signal enforcement (up to 6 dB) by ground reflections.
The good with vertical polarization is in a wider vertical lobe that has no
nulls between medium high angles and down to the pseudo brewster one.
Hardly a vertical beam can beat a proper installed horizontal above 10 Mhz,
unless the ground allows very little angles, i.e. 1 deg as it happens over
salt water.

73,
Mauri I4JMY