[TowerTalk] AB-621 Guy Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AB-621 Guy Question
From: "Ed G" <ed.goss@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 16:01:43 -0400
Hello,

     I have an AB-621 mast set up in a somewhat permanent way - I have
poured a small concrete base with embedded threaded J bolts (so the launcher
is securely attached to the pad), and I use three four-foot screw-in guy
anchors. Obviously, the guys on the launcher section are necessary while
cranking up the other sections. But once the tower is fully cranked up, and
the middle and top guys are attached and tensioned, are the bottom launcher
guys still necessary? I'd like to remove those once the rest of the guys are
in place. The antenna is a 3 el SteppIR. Thanks for comments.

--Ed, N3CW-