[TowerTalk] Re: [AMPS] True Or Not True #2

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [AMPS] True Or Not True #2
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:45:59 +1200
Psychophysics (roughly defined as the scientific study of the relationship
between human and animal perception and physical energies)is a scientific
discipline dating back to the 1830s.
When you read  an eye chart or have your ears tested by an audiologist you
are doing psychophysics.
The issue under discussion is actually on applications of Weber's Law which
has it that humans perceive changes in energy in relation to the ratio of
energies rather than their absolute differences as measured in physical
units. Hence dB
cheers

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD